Chrome Password Decryptor is the FREE tool to instantly recover all stored passwords fromGoogle Chrome browser.
It automatically detect the default Chrome profile path for the current user and displays all the stored login passwords in clear text after decrypting them.
Another useful feature of this tool is the Save option which can be used to save the login secrets to the local file in standard HTML/XML/Text/CSV format. This will be very useful in following cases
- To take backup of the login secrets for the stored websites
- To transfer the secrets from one system to another.
- To store the website passwords at more secured centralized location
- To recover the passwords in case Chrome becomes not accessible or non functional.
Note: Chrome Password Decryptor is not hacking or cracking tool as it can only help you to recover your own lost password that is previously stored in Chrome web browser.
Chrome Password Decryptor works on wide range of platforms starting from Windows XP to new Windows 10 version.
About Google Chrome and its Password Manager
Google Chrome browser is the latest entry into the ongoing web browser’s war which is mainly ruled by IE and Firefox. The word Google behind the Chrome has given it lot of hype and popularity than any other browser got in such a short duration. However some of the salient features such as searching from the same address bar, thumbnails of top sites, private browsing etc makes it stand apart from other browsers in the market.
Like other browsers Chrome also has built-in login password manager functionality which keeps track of the login secrets of all visited websites. Whenever user logins to any website, he/she will be prompted to save the credentials for later use and if user chooses so, then the username & passwords will be stored in internal login database. So next time onwards whenever user visits that website, he/she will be automatically logged in using these stored credentials which saves hassle of entering the credentials every time.
Chrome Password Decryptor helps in easily and instantly recovering all such stored passwords from Chrome Login database.
How to Use?
Chrome Password Decryptor is easy to use with its simple GUI interface.
Here are the brief usage details
- Launch ChromePasswordDecryptor on your system
- By default it will automatically display the default chrome profile path for current user. However you can change the path using the ‘browse’ button besides it.
- Next click on ‘Start Recovery’ button and all stored website login passwords stored by Chrome will be displayed in the list as shown in screenshot 1 below.
- Finally you can save all recovered password list to HTML/XML/Text/CSV file by clicking on ‘Export’ button and then select the type of file from the drop down box of ‘Save File Dialog’.
Note that for Chrome Canary build you need to set the profile path as below
C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome SXS\User Data\Default
[Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8]
C:\Users\<user_name>\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome SXS\User Data\Default
Screenshot 1: Chrome Password Decryptor showing decrypted passwords from the Chrome store.
Screenshot 2: Exported Chrome passwords in HTML format by ChromePasswordDecryptor
License : Freeware
Platform : Windows XP, 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10