Asterisk Password Spy is the FREE tool to instantly reveal the hidden password behind asterisks (*****).
It’s user friendly interface can help you to easily find the passwords from any Windows based application.You can simply drag the ‘search icon’ to any password box to find the real password hidden by those asterisks.
Most applications do not display real password in the login box for security reasons and instead they show the asterisks (****). But often there is need to know the actual password especially if you have forgotten password that you have entered while ago.
In such cases, AsteriskPasswordSpy will help you to easily find out the real password hidden behind asterisks.
It works on wide range of platforms starting from Windows XP to latest operating system Windows 8.
- Instantly reveal the hidden password behind asterisks.
- Support most of the windows based applications
- Nice user friendly GUI interface makes it easier & faster
- Show password of any length & complexity
- Sort feature to quickly arrange and search through discovered passwords.
- Save the recovered password list to HTML/XML/CSV file.
- Support for local Installation and uninstallation of the software.
How to Use?
AsteriskPasswordSpy is easy to use with its simple GUI interface.
Here are the brief usage details
- Launch AsteriskPasswordSpy on your system
- Now simply drag the ‘search icon’ to any password box to reveal the passwords.
- When you place it over the password box, it will automatically highlight it and password is added to list as shown in the screenshot below.
- Finally you can save all recovered password list to HTML/XML/CSV file by clicking on ‘Export’ button and then select the type of file from the drop down box of ‘Save File Dialog’.
Screenshot 1:Asterisk Password Spy is showing all the recovered passwords from password boxes of various Windows applications.
Screenshot 2: Asterisk Password Spy is trying to get the password from Google Talk login box
Screenshot 3: Exported list of of recovered passwords by AsteriskPasswordSpy in HTML format.
- It does not work with non-windows based applications such as GTK, Flash, Adobe Air or applications not using standard edit box for the password.
- Also it will not work with the application where password is not actually present. Some times applications do not put password in the password box to hide from these tools.
- It does not work with HTML pages in the browsers such as IE, Firefox etc. Support for the same is planned for the future releases.
License : Freeware
Platform : Windows XP, 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8