1. Create your logo image (if you don’t already have one) and put it in the following system folder:
• Note: You could put it anywhere, I suppose, and path to it accordingly, but the current OEM logo is probably here, and I prefer to be consistent with system files.
• The logo must be in the .bmp format and should be 120×120. Larger images will be automatically sized accordingly (and sometimes appear rather distorted).
2. Back up your system registry.
3. Run regedit and navigate to the following registry path:
4. If your computer is an OEM product, look for the two string values Logo and Manufacturer in the right panel. If it isn’t, you’ll have to create those two new string values. To do so, right-click on OEMInformation | New | String Value | Logo. (Repeat for Manufacturer.)
5. Right-click on the string value, select Modify, and enter the updated information for each value.
6. In the Windows System Properties panel, you’ll now see your updated personal information.